Happy New Year my friends,
Have you decided on a New Year’s Resolution? Or have you given up doing that because after a few weeks, you lose enthusiasm or your willpower falters and you fall back into your old habits. If you think that you’ll never successfully achieve your resolution, think again. Five reasons why EFT/Tapping can help you achieve your 2020 resolutions is listed below, but first let me give you some background on what EFT does, why it is so effective and what it is.
What EFT/Tapping does.
EFT/Tapping can relieve cravings so that you can lose weight or kick an addiction. It can It can help motivate you to exercise, reduce fears that hold you back from taking action, remove guilt and shame so that you feel like you deserve to have what you want. It can help make you feel valued and worthy of making more money.
Why EFT/Tapping works.
EFT/Tapping can help you achieve your New Year’s resolutions because it helps to identify the underlying root causes that sabotage your efforts to change and that get in the way of your success. These causes come from life experiences that have negatively affected or “traumatized” you in some way. The experience may have made you feel angry, ashamed, afraid, embarrassed or sad and created a belief that you weren’t good enough or that life is hard or nobody loves you, among others. These beliefs and emotional triggers subconsciously affect the decisions you make every day of your life, which is why you may have difficulty making the changes necessary to succeed at your goals and resolutions.
What is EFT/Tapping?
But first, what is EFT/Tapping? EFT stands for Emotional Freedom Techniques. It is a simple technique that utilizes “tapping” with your fingertips on certain acupressure points on your face and upper torso, while thinking or talking about a troubling life experience and the associated thoughts and emotions. This releases long-held negative emotions about the experience thereby allowing you to no longer be “triggered” when you encounter similar situations in your current life. Similar to how combat veterans get triggered by fireworks explosions, we are triggered by certain things that “traumatized” us at some time in our lives. You can read more about how it works here.
- It is simple and easy to learn. Basic EFT/Tapping is a simple process of tapping, with your fingertips on certain, powerful acupressure points (acupuncture without the needles) on your face and upper torso while thinking about an uncomfortable or traumatic experience in your life. EFT/Tapping works best when you focus on a “specific” event and all the thoughts and emotions you experienced during it. The best way to learn it is to watch this short video which explains the process.
- EFT/Tapping is a portable, do-it-yourself process. You can do it any time, and anywhere because all you need are your fingertips and the memory of a time in your life when you were scared, embarrassed, angry, jealous, worried, sad or felt negative about something or someone.
- It is painless. Because you are just using your fingertips to tap and release pent-up emotions, there is no physical pain like what you would experience with a needle for a shot or physical therapy. EFT/Tapping is great for relieving chronic physical pain too.
- EFT/Tapping is not a drug. Because it is not an over-the-counter or prescription drug, there are no side effects or the need to remember when to take it or to have the prescription refilled. Better yet, using EFT/Tapping on life experiences that are the root cause of the condition that requires the drugs, could eliminate the need for those drugs. How would that make you feel?
- EFT/Tapping is long-lasting and effective. Because it is focusing on the underlying root causes of the triggers to our behaviors and beliefs, and releases or neutralizes the negative emotions associated with these root cause life experiences, we experience a shift in our thinking. We no longer react the same way. We no longer think the same way. When we experience a shift in our thinking we begin to act and think differently and this leads to the changes that we want to make in our lives. This leads to successfully accomplishing our resolutions.
That is why EFT/Tapping is better than other methods to help you achieve your 2020 New Year’s resolutions.
I encourage you to give EFT a try. If you are having difficulty with it, please contact me for a free consultation and I can help you get started.
Best wishes for a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year,
Christine Hunt, Wellness/Life Coach
Certified EFT and Matrix Reimprinting Practitioner